Wednesday, 15 July 2015

Astartes of Charity Ultramarine complete

Finished him off. Excuse the glare, it's a very bright day.

Someone else painted a pair of yellow stripes on their marine, so I copied it. The grenade is purple to match the colour of the charity.

Cork base. I wasn't brave enough to try glow from the lens, this time.

Devastator Squad marking. Shoulder pad repurposed from Chaos marine (the whole guy had to be scraped together from the bits box).


Tuesday, 7 July 2015

Reaper Bones 3 Kickstarter

I'm probably going to bankrupt myself over this one...

I'm still slowly working myself through the first lot, but they're just the perfect thing for DMing DnD campaigns. I might even get some dragons and giants this time.

The cute campaign map, before it got updated:

Thursday, 2 July 2015

Astartes of Charity: 100 painters, 100 Space Marines, for cancer research

I'm delighted to be a part of a spontaneous group of 100 or so painters on facebook who are going to do what the blog entry title says. I've got randomly assigned a standard marine with standard equipment, so I'm trying to do the best I can by using interesting components and as good a paintjob as I can manage. 

The camera is HARSH! I am much happier seeing the miniature a couple of feet away on the table surface! It looks great there!

I also tried some freehand on the shoulder, and scope lenses. The eye lenses are frustrating me though. 

Playing games with the class

I was playing a much simplified ad libbed dungeon crawl game with some of the kids from my class. They loved it! They worked together really well to overcome the problems I threw at them

The party demolished the troll and his kobold minions.

Of course, the children were most interested in the beasties I'd brought in.

School resources lend themselves well to playing role playing games!

Perhaps I'll see if a tabletop games club is viable in future.