Tuesday 4 June 2013

Converted Biker Sorceror and Biker Chaos Lord

Slowly, slowly, I am beginning to get things finished. However, I've recently got a job abroad, so I probably will have only about 10 weeks before having to put most of my miniatures in storage for a year or two. What I am not going to do is sell everything, all this stuff took me too long to put together and paint!

Dirty, scruffy Corsairs
The Bikers are based on the three Dark Vengeance Bikers, and three regular Space Marine Bikers. No Chaos Bikers have actually been used, which I like, because it makes them look a bit different.


Although I have run them as a Nurgle list lately (mainly because I wanted to try Plague Zombies), I have tried to keep the models looking unaligned  to any one ruinous power.




Two of the bikers have magnetised arms to give the option of a bolt pistol or a special weapon.




The Dark Vengeance Bikers, obviously, look the least chaosified. I left some of the feather-designed pole on the back of the bike, and use them to display icons. I painted one of each power, and just switch between them depending on which one I want for a game.




The Biker Lord is magnetised, the pauldrons can come off if necessary. Bits are from various chaos sprues jazz up the otherwise regular loyalist bike. I used some styrene tubing to extend the fork.








 After seeing Legopirate's own Dark Vengeance Biker's monitors I had a go too. I painted the monitors with gloss varnish afterwards to give them a more reflective surface.


The Chaos Biker Sorceror. He is based on the Dark Vengeance biker captain. The staff is from the Chaos Terminator Lord sprue, and the shield and skull front piece was a battle standard for the old multi part Fantasy Chaos Warriors. I gave the staff's gem a dab of gloss varnish like the bike monitors.



So, after all this time I'd finally got these bikers finished, then it occurred to me that the unit doesn't really have a suitable 'champion' to lead them and take the challenges the Lord doesn't want to accept. So, I'll be working on this donation from a friend to be the unit's champion. His name will be Merlot, and he will be an Ultramarine traitor. But for now he's mostly 'armless.



No comments: